Tuesday, May 12, 2015

x2 Step 132 – Journal Step 131 - Today I will seek the experience of true purpose in life.



Today: Step 132 - Let me learn to be free so that I may join. (MP3)

Let me learn to be free so that I may join. Step 132

YOUR INDEPENDENCE FROM THE PAST—your past judgments, past associations, past pains, past wounds and past difficulties—gives you independence in the present. This is not to solidify your separation or to make it more complete, but instead to enable you to join meaningfully in relationship. Let this be a tacit understanding: You can do nothing in the world without relationship. You can accomplish nothing; you can advance in no direction; you can realize no truth; you can contribute nothing of value without relationship. So as your independence from the past grows, thus does your promise for inclusion in the present and the future grow as well. For freedom is meant to empower you to join.

REMEMBER THIS IDEA UPON THE HOUR and give it consideration in light of all of your experiences today. In your two meditation practices, allow the attraction of Knowledge to pull you deeper within yourself. Allow yourself to have this experience of freedom.

PRACTICE 132: Two 30-minute practice periods. Hourly practice.

Picture:  Siegessäule monument in Berlin, Germany, as seen from a tour bus. The statue on top is the Roman goddess of victory – Victoria. It represents past Prussian victories of 1864 and 1873.
 


Shouldn’t the picture for this Step be of beautiful clouds, a bright sunrise or at least something more uplifting than a nondescript person walking up a steep hill in a generic city? For most of the people in the unglamorous world, contemplating “true purpose” may occur in such mundane surroundings with themselves appearing equally mundane. There are many people on this street. Each, we know, has Knowledge, but to what degree are they listening for Knowledge/Holy Spirit or spirit guidance, by whatever name?


9:20 a.m. Thursday, December 28, 2000 –

I've not been to the office in 7 days – haven't read many newspapers, I'm getting to the non-governmental world.

This is a big world – lots of people, lots happening, much power & domination and abuse. I'm in a safe space. I've always searched for my way, my role, to help. The S2K term is "contribute." Things are getting simpler.

> I see such great benefits of cooperation and regional organization if the region is made to be real. It becomes real, like The Velveteen Rabbit [or, How Toys Become Real] by use.

9:50 a.m. – ---

If you want action, mirror the way local governments are organized – to focus action.

10:15 a.m. The image of this house being on fire. I had it Sunday night at the Christmas Eve service. A second look showed that the house was not being consumed – it was just "lighted" by flame – the electric candle lights shined in the window.

I am paying attention to the yard now. It would be nice to have it be pleasant for visitors.

10:25 a.m. The Pillar of Spiritual Development. My heart feels, my mind senses the direction, my body is healthy. My path, now conscious, is the way of Knowledge. I am a beginning student. All of my life experiences support this direction. I'm humbled by these truths. In my "born again" experience 7/17/1982 – I saw Spirit in a sphere – and myself outside with intellect and logic. I needed Spirit and was shown I need not abandon logic/intellect to embrace. That I did – and became spirit led/spirit connected. It wasn't too much later that the God of Christianity was too limited for the needs of the world (an interpretation problem) and I found Urantia again – free book – which set me on my metaphysical journey. It has been a rich life full of challenge and rewards.

I am blessed and feel fortunate. I will seek to share that which Knowledge brings to mind.

Short entries, but important remembrances, linking events in the past to the current journey with Steps to Knowledge. You will have your own. They are worthy to record, to refresh your memory and remind one how long they’ve been on the journey.
NNC
 
Note: If you’ve some interest due to this or other Steps, you should go to the beginning blog post. From here you will learn about Steps to Knowledge and can begin it on the day that makes sense; then progress as needed. You can use the posts on this blog as a companion if it helps. They will remain in order in the archives - one post per Step.

Often it takes 18 months to get through the Steps once. For this blog, the pace is one-a-day, but it really makes no difference how fast you do it, only that you begin, persist and repeat. Posts here provide a trail that may let you have a virtual companion when and if you want one. One may have to study alone, as I did in the beginning. There are other Steps students blogging their experience and you might find a person more like you as a companion, or use a number of such Steps journeys. There are options as well through the Free School of the New Message.

No comments:

Post a Comment