Thursday, May 21, 2015

x2 Step 141 – I will be confident this day. Journal – Step 140




Today:   Step 141 - I will be confident this day. (MP3)

 “I will be confident this day.” Step 141

TODAY BE CONFIDENT THAT YOU ARE IN PREPARATION on the path to Knowledge. Be confident today that Knowledge is with you and abides with you and that you are now learning step by step to receive its grace, its certainty and its direction. Be confident this day that you are born of God’s love and that your life in this world, this brief visit here, is but an opportunity to re-establish your true identity in a place where it has been forgotten. Be confident today that the efforts that you are now making on your own behalf will lead you to the great goal that you have come here to seek because this preparation comes from your Ancient Home to serve you while you are in the world, for you have come to the world to serve.

REPEAT THIS AFFIRMATION UPON THE HOUR and consider it in light of all things that happen today. In your two longer practice periods, repeat the statement and then allow yourself to enter peace and stillness. Allow your confidence to dispel fear, doubt and anxiety. Support your efforts today, for they require your support on behalf of a greater certainty that you are now learning to receive.

PRACTICE 141: Two 30-minute practice periods. Hourly practice.


Picture:  The pilot of a powered parachute/paraplane demonstrating confidence.

Note: “…you have come to the world to serve.” Early in my life I understood the goal was to serve the will of God, but that seemed to be at odds with my will – use of my free will. In ACIM I learned there was no difference between my will and God’s will. The challenge then becomes to determine what that might be? Steps to Knowledge is a way to get a personal understanding of what that is in one’s life.

From the journal Step 140 - Review

12:36 a.m. Saturday, January 6, 2001 – my Space Odyssey. Up late – watching C-SPAN, MTV, Leno, … – looking for the Knowledge in all – just as I did tonight at Walmart.

Were humanity efficient, not wasteful, there would be much less activity.

Spirit noises get louder. More books on the light. Planetary population to be 7,000,000,000 by 2015 or so.

Where do people fit in the world?

6:49 a.m. – Everywhere the call for delimited regions – for policy coordination, intelligence, from top-down – and for empowerment from the bottom up.

Most regional geographies of the geographers are based on natural resources and want to eliminate political boundaries.

Local is too small – everything exists in a context. Locals need to be associated – build up to a whole.

Standard regions are needed.

Regions/geography is always part of strategy.

We need to work across boundaries, to Know across boundaries – overview plus inner Knowledge.

> All I want to do is contribute this perspective – which I do not find elsewhere.

3:03 p.m. In the Greenbriar section of Fairfax County. Cindy visiting a friend for a massage – Francis –

<The local scale is too small alone – to give perspective and understand relationships>.

Step 140 – Long Review. – 20 weeks completed. It says "…from here you will proceed on with greater strength and certainty, for Knowledge will begin to guide you and to motivate you increasingly as you become attentive to it." RI is becoming a greater focus – in my life – more references being found out there.

Step 139 – "I have come to the world to serve." The text says that "participation is your preparation, for you (I) are being prepared to participate in life." That the teachers "…draw you (me) more and more into the mystery of life and the manifestation of life."

Goals:
 1. I'm able to treat the mystery as mysterious with wonder
2. I am able to treat the manifestation of life practically and with objectivity.
3. I will be able to be a bridge from my Ancient Home to the manifest world
4. I may find my greatest fulfillment – as the "Wisdom of Knowledge" expresses itself.

The promise from this point – greater speed & certainty.

Emotionally, the week was rough – though the work week was only 3 days. Office changes getting to me – but I am unburdened –

[Rural area people do not have the foundation upon which to build their education.]

10:29 p.m. Back from NOVA. The silence continues. I have little to say, but my mind is quite active. At Tower Records – of 40 CD’s set up for listening, I only recognize one artist – John Hiatt – all else new, different, unknown. More books too. An expansive world. Still nothing to say. A book called the "New Geography" does not list regions in the index.

On the return drive I think about my projects – River Recreation, ---

I want to leave people with better tools – from my alien perspective. S2K promises the ability to be "objective about manifestation." That would be highly valuable. So much out there…lives centered around talents.

10:59 p.m. My life gets simpler. Quieter. I can't spend all my time working – and my vitality doesn't seem to be attracting people – at least anyone I can see.

Still – I need to explore this boundary thing, since most only see from within the boundary – boundaries that include and exclude. Relationships – circles of souls.

12:45 a.m. Sunday, January 7, 2001 – GCS E] - Experience the temporary, Know the permanent. My Spirit thinking with my brain in a "Knowing" way. This is freedom. How can this connect the Knowing in others? David, Sarah, Cindy –

Flying high today – like the picture. Let us continue. Over the next week I'll be on the road. I plan to post the Step daily, but may miss getting them up in a timely manner. .

NNC
 

Note: If you’ve some interest due to this or other Steps, you should go to the beginning blog post. From here you will learn about Steps to Knowledge and can begin it on the day that makes sense; then progress as needed. You can use the posts on this blog as a companion if it helps. They will remain in order in the archives - one post per Step.

Often it takes 18 months to get through the Steps once. For this blog, the pace is one-a-day, but it really makes no difference how fast you do it, only that you begin, persist and repeat. Posts here provide a trail that may let you have a virtual companion when and if you want one. One may have to study alone, as I did in the beginning. There are other Steps students blogging their experience and you might find a person more like you as a companion, or use a number of such Steps journeys. There are options as well through the Free School of the New Message.

No comments:

Post a Comment