Friday, May 15, 2015

x2 Step 135 – Journal Step 134 - I will not define my purpose for myself.



Today: Step 135 - I will not define my destiny today. (MP3)

Step 135 - I will not define my destiny today.

LIKE YOUR PURPOSE, YOUR DESTINY remains beyond your definition. You need only take a step in its direction to feel the growing presence of Knowledge in your life. The closer you are to Knowledge, the more you will experience it. The more that you experience it, the closer you will want to become because this is a natural attraction. This is true love, the attraction of like to like. This is what gives the universe all of its meaning. This is what joins life together completely. Be free this day of definitions, and allow your mind to take its natural formation. Allow your heart to follow its natural course. Allow Knowledge to express itself through your mind, whose outward structure is now becoming open and free.

REMIND YOURSELF OF YOUR PRACTICE UPON THE HOUR. In your two deep meditations today, continue with your RAHN practice, speaking the word RAHN on each exhale. Allow yourself to feel the presence of your own life, the presence of your Teachers and the depth of your own Knowledge. Allow your self-discipline to be exerted meaningfully today, to engage your mind in this way. For as the mind is brought into proximity of its true destination, it will respond accordingly and everything will follow its natural course. Then you will feel that Grace is with you.

PRACTICE 135: Two 30-minute practice periods. Hourly practice.

The world offers many ways for us to choose our destiny, as show in the picture. Today’s Step suggests we stay free agents. 


Picture:  Community fair - Boulder, Colorado.


12:58 a.m. Sunday, December 31, 2000

Obviously I do not now have mental fortitude to contribute to the freedom of humanity. I could develop it. I might assist others. Not being fully human, it is a double mystery. The Mystery of life on earth and why I care, beyond my family. It might just be that whole thing needs to be saved for the family – so the choice. All is holy, all must be saved and expanded upon. There is no other path, save isolation.

8:20 a.m. I see it, I feel it, can I be it – Greater Community.

8:50 a.m. Step 134 – I will not define my purpose for myself.

My work "RI" may not be my purpose. It would support GC – but it may not be my purpose.

1:20 p.m. In the Sheetz lot – after Chapel. This is a spiritual community. I see the world looking for peace among its people. Is there a better way to live. That's what ACIM was about – the search for a better way. Are we getting better? Better through cooperation? better through competition?

4:55 p.m. Sunday – last day of the year. How has my life changed? It has slowed, simplified, become focused on the distant future where one world is needed. How does that get into writing? How does that get into the human mind? What Titans of thought could overcome the cultural divisiveness of humanity so that it could unite to protect itself?

I cannot define myself. I envision a need, but there is no role. Were it a novel to predict the future scenario where humanity unites – mentally – to avoid being captured by aliens. (probably already written 1/6/00)

Maturity – I see and agree with the need, but am I mature myself? Hardly. Where's the group mind for me?

p. 134 "… Visitors from the Greater Community…will require you, through circumstance and by the mere existence of your presence in the world, to finally wake up, to organize yourselves and to develop maturity." (this practice is doing this very thing for me – wake up, organize, be mature 1/6/01)

Future/common challenges
  1. – Greater Community intervention
  2. – breakdown of the world’s environment

When will the human race become mature? When will it see itself as one race, not many? And that all environments are connected giving a single planetary environment.

Sim Earth – is that what this is, a game of huge proportions yet, one with survivalist winners.

"Where is the world going and what must I do for it? Local/regional scale.

The end of the year is a time to think of the past and future and this is part of the mental discussion in the journal at this time. Your stream of consciousness may be different, or similar, but that we are wrestling with the new perspective that is being presented is what is most important. Let us continue.
NNC

Note: If you’ve some interest due to this or other Steps, you should go to the beginning blog post. From here you will learn about Steps to Knowledge and can begin it on the day that makes sense; then progress as needed. You can use the posts on this blog as a companion if it helps. They will remain in order in the archives - one post per Step.

Often it takes 18 months to get through the Steps once. For this blog, the pace is one-a-day, but it really makes no difference how fast you do it, only that you begin, persist and repeat. Posts here provide a trail that may let you have a virtual companion when and if you want one. One may have to study alone, as I did in the beginning. There are other Steps students blogging their experience and you might find a person more like you as a companion, or use a number of such Steps journeys. There are options as well through the Free School of the New Message.

No comments:

Post a Comment