Monday, June 1, 2015

x2 Step 152- I will not follow fear within the world. (MP3) Journal – Step 151

Today: Step 152 - I will not follow fear within the world. (MP3)

“I will not follow fear within the world.” Step - 152

HUMANITY IS GOVERNED BY WAVES OF FEAR that draw people here and there, waves of fear that dominate their actions, their thinking, their conclusions, their beliefs and their assumptions. Do not follow the waves of fear that move across the world. Instead, remain steadfast and still in Knowledge. Allow yourself to observe the world from this point of stillness and certainty. Do not be swayed by the waves of fear. In this way, you will be able to contribute to the world and not be its victim only. You are here to give, not to judge, and in stillness you are without judgment upon the world. Recognize, then, the waves of fear, but do not let them touch you, for in Knowledge they cannot touch you because Knowledge is beyond all fear.

REPEAT YOUR IDEA FOR THE DAY UPON THE HOUR, and consider it in light of all that you experience today. In your two longer practice periods, apply your mind actively in attempting to understand today’s lesson. Again, this is a form of mental application. We shall not practice stillness and mental silence today but mental application so that you may learn to think constructively. For when your mind is not still, it should be thinking constructively. It should be investigating. Do not rely upon early conclusions. Do not rely upon self-comforting ideas. Allow yourself to be vulnerable today, for you are only vulnerable to Knowledge. Yet, Knowledge will shield you from all things of harm within this world and will provide a comfort and a stability that the world can never change. Learn of this today so that you may be a source of Knowledge within the world so that your Source may express itself through you.

PRACTICE 152: Two 30-minute practice periods. Hourly practice.

Note: “You are here to give, not to judge, and in stillness you are without judgment upon the world. Recognize, then, the waves of fear, but do not let them touch you, for in Knowledge they cannot touch you because Knowledge is beyond all fear.”

The fort pictured is of modern origin. It is on the Army Heritage Trail at the U.S. Army Heritage and Education Center in Carlisle, Pennsylvania. It does represent some of the fear in the world; people may have such mental defenses.


Wednesday, January 17, 2001

7:07 a.m. – On waking – rural/small local governments need higher levels of expertise for self-management – as culture advances. The necessary corporate knowledge can be/is provided by the State – Federal govt. In the case of urban growth – cities may develop the expertise faster than the State. State is in the middle – more Knowledge than rural, but less than urban/metro – or – unable to help either well.

7:15 a.m. Practice #1 – 151 – "I will not use fear to support my judgments." That fear drives to ego and makes judgment is not now a new concept. Which comes first – the fear or the judgment? I am more aware of fear in my life/lives of others and have become more fearless, in many respects, but I also would be willing to get out – let my life end. Fear is not my problem now – it is lack of energy. I perception of what is – is now quite different.

My challenge is to inject a beneficial perspective – but more importantly to articulate it.

Two sets of regions – government services regions and market regions – MSA

In order to push back on the State, and get economy of scale, the PDC type organization is needed. This is an overhead cost – State/local share – It can also be proactive in facilitating cooperation within the Government Services region & region to region – watershed.

It won't be too welcome by the academics or bureaucrats….

Regional Research – Regional Communication – Organization of Regional Futurists

– growth w/o change/change w/o fear?

12:52 p.m. Practice #2 –

Fear always supports my judgments. They begin in fear. I fear that I won't have retirement funds; that what I have is far less than it might have been. I made errors and I hate myself for those errors, even though they don't harm me now – simply constrained me. I have work and a path, but I fear the work – or am just lazy, or burned out – or what? My mood goes up and down. I'm in the world – not lost since beginning S2K – since it feels right – but lacks the "warmth and welfare" promise of other systems.

It is not fear, but disappointment and anger for not knowing – or not acting on my intentions. Was it poor relationships or my own weaknesses that led me to miss opportunities? I look back – all the instincts were there – but no support – so I went another way – mostly alone.

Considering my lack of peers, without my internal guidance, it could have been worse. Still there is judgment and fear, regret.

What can change? Not the past – the errors can't be changed. But – I can recognize "fear" and ignore it.

The lesson says this can only be corrected from a position of self-love. That still is a hit or miss proposition. Here@1:02 p.m. I'm not feeling self-love.

NNC

Note: If you’ve some interest due to this or other Steps, you should go to the beginning blog post. From here you will learn about Steps to Knowledge and can begin it on the day that makes sense; then progress as needed. You can use the posts on this blog as a companion if it helps. They will remain in order in the archives - one post per Step.

Often it takes 18 months to get through the Steps once. For this blog, the pace is one-a-day, but it really makes no difference how fast you do it, only that you begin, persist and repeat. Posts here provide a trail that may let you have a virtual companion when and if you want one. One may have to study alone, as I did in the beginning. There are other Steps students blogging their experience and you might find a person more like you as a companion, or use a number of such Steps journeys. There are options as well through the Free School of the New Message.


No comments:

Post a Comment